29.08.2013


Keep in mind: Everything published on the label Ghostly International is gold. My outstanding favourite is Dauwd though. The British producer unfortunately hardly showed up in Germany (missed him playing the Dockville festival last year), but he recently made a remix for COMA from Cologne and subsequently had a gig with them, so I hope there's more to come!    

I like how Heat Division is meandering darkly and somehow unpredictable and not "clean". The echoes and voice snippets set me in a mood of subliminal tension which is never really unloaded. Feels like being pulled under water or into a misty area by undefinable, not really human creatures (I might be influenced by the art work?).
Dauwd works a lot with field recordings and I feel there's something mysterious about his music which can never be fully itemized. Despite this, he never misses out on the moment to hit us with a strong 4/4-beat. Makes we want to dance until my soul comes out.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen