28.08.2013

LCD Soundsystem - Freak Out/Starry Eyes

Hello. The idea of this blog is simple (and probably very very old). I’ll post one song a day. It will be a song I will like to share with you, and I’ll explain you why. Mostly it will be just for its grandiosity, I guess.
Alors. Here we go. LCD Soundsystem was a fabulous project and I’m actually pretty sad I never saw  performing live. When I randomly put on his record “45:33″ at the today, this song hit me hard with its overwhelming energy. “If you do it again, I’ll freak out / So do it again” expresses for me the ultimative lust for the loss of control, which seems to be a very desirable feeling yet it’s radiating danger. It can be read in many ways but I instinctively thought of a spiced with a lot of jealousy and impulsivity, which sometimes is not a bad thing at all. You want yourself to lose control (may it be pure bliss or furiousity) to enjoy this state of boundlessness. You want to risk something and trust the direction your strong feelings are leading you. You don’t want to play safe. I don’t want to play safe (anymore). 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen